Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Wandering Chew Starts Today

Welcome, first reader: what you've got right here is a blog about eats: namely, finding the great hidden chow lurking in the cities and random byways of the earth. More specifically, New York City, where I make my home (currently in Murray Hill). But I've also lived in San Diego, Los Angeles and Long Island, and will be going other places, too...so expect lots of NYC reports, and a small handful of micro-excursions and jaunts. Coming up very soon: a week in Scotland, and a week in Los Angeles for the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

My favorite food: sushi. Specifically, yellowtail. Hamachi. The crunchy belly, if available.
My favorite cheap eats in NY: Mama's Food Shop.
Sometimes I will be reporting on the obvious; sometimes I will be reporting on the scary and unknown. But I will always be wandering. A wandering Jew, who can't help eating.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: