This morning, I ate at my Mom and Dad's favorite perennial breakfast place in Suffolk County, Long Island: JT's Corner Cafe in Nesconset. Justin, the Mets fan/owner/chef-at-large, is a family friend and an experimenter par excellence. I just can't drag my folks away from this place, so I've resigned myself to eating there every morning I visit. It's like our kitchen away from home.
Today I had a South Beach-friendly Eggs Benedict: poached eggs on top of spinach, on top of sausage patties. Covered in some Hollandaise, of course. Some expertly-browned potatoes arrived on the side, tempting me to the Carb Side, but I avoided the taunt of the tubers.
Unfortunately, as a special Easter treat, JT brought out personally-made banana fritters with ice cream. I felt it would be rude not to eat a bite.
And so, another attempt at being good has been nuked beyond all recognition.
When you're in eastern Long Island, you've gotta give this place a try. It gets crowded. But say hi to Justin and Krista, and say Scott Stein says hi.
204 Smithtown Blvd Ste 7, Nesconset, NY
Tel: (631) 265-5267
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment